Wednesday, March 8, 2017

I will not be shaken Psalm 16:8

Oh my goodness I had no idea my post would be viewed by over 2,000 people. Two days before I wrote that post I was praying about this blog and I was saying "God, if you have things you want me to write about ill write them. I want to glorify you in all that I do" and then there I was two days later not knowing if  I should stay silent or speak up.

Since Sunday evening my Facebook, phone, and messages have been blowing up with people reaching out to me with similar situations or saying that they needed to read that. I am so incredibly humbled by all this. God took something that destroyed me and turned it into a blessing. Sunday night as I was writing that my heart ached so badly. I kept reminding myself not to write out of anger but simply the truth and what was on my heart. I am thankful Devin gave me permission to blog about it and I'm thankful my husband encouraged me to do so. What a great reminder of  how good of a support system I have right in my own home.

This situation changed me and while I don't believe God wanted me to hurt I believe he wanted me to grow from it . Honestly, In the past I have felt bad for myself or let things bring me down and I just wont allow that to be the case anymore. I want to learn to take any situation and bring good from it. I want my boys to see that people WILL fail us over and over again but God will not. When people use words or actions to put others down it says more about them then it does the person they are putting down. I am not defined by what people say or think about me my identity is in Christ. My worth is found in God, not the opinions of others.

I am feeling refreshed and renewed and know this was a huge heart check for myself. This has lit a new fire in me I want to be the best person I can be.My prayer is that if  I take anything away from this that I will choose what words I will use when speaking about others. I never want someone to feel hurt from words that are spoken from my mouth. Be blessed and  know your support and encouragement means so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment