Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Lay it down and don't pick it back up

How many of you are like me and lay something at the feet of Jesus and then just turn around and pick it back up? This is something I keep doing. I am in a season where I am struggling. I know it's a season I won't be here forever but right now I am. It's been about 7 months of a spiritual struggle for me. I've just been trying to find my purpose and figure out how the Lord wants to use me and I just feel a little lost and then not to mention that life is happening so it's hard to find the balance. Anyways, I stumbled across this Pinterest quote that I had saved a long time ago that said "forgive me for picking back up what I've already laid at your feet." Yup, this is me. I lay It down and then pick it back up sometimes all in the same day. 

 I had to really think about this. How does this hurt me to continue this or better yet how does this hurt my relationship with God?  Then I realized what if I did this to my husband or my best friend? What if I said, "hey I trust you with this problem can you help me?" Only to turn around and say nevernind I don't trust you I take that back I don't want your help or advice. Oh man, that thought hit me hard. That is EXACTLY What we do when we decide to lay something at the feet of Jesus and then pick it back up. 

Here's where I struggle. I want the solution NOW. I want the problems to be fixed and the situations to not be situations and everything to work out, but we live in a broken world. Things aren't going to be fixed immediately or sometimes ever and that thought is hard for me to grasp. I don't want my feathers to be ruffled, but what if things always worked out perfect? Would we have faith then? Would we have to be pushed out of our everyday normal and get uncomfortable? I can't answer that forsure but here's what I do know. When have I grown the most as a person? When things were easy? No, my biggest areas of growth in life have been when I was uncomfortable, when I've had to face things I never thought I would, when I've had to sit and be patient and wait on HIS timing. I've had to dig deep, pray, and stand firm on HIS word. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

See I know this. I know God doesn't want any harm for me he only wants the best for my life. Somehow though I still manage at times to think I know what's best for me and I pick something back  up and try to handle it the way I think is best only to be in the same position I started in and have to lay it back down again. Thankfully I serve a God who is forgiving and loves me unconditionally. 

I just wanted to encourage anyone who might be in this right now. Do you trust God? If so then lay down your burdens and truly trust HIM...don't pick them back up! We aren't meant to carry these things. God is so much bigger then anything we face. So, if this is you then you can pray this with me today. 


"Forgive me father for picking back up what I've already laid at your feet" 

No comments:

Post a Comment