Sunday, July 23, 2017

Better days to come

Have you ever just had one of THOSE weeks.. where everything seems to go wrong and you can't catch a break? Well that is us right now but it's been like a month.. it started with a lady hitting my van, then our less then a year old dishwasher broke and we've had 3 appointments for them to fix it.. (it's still broke and I HATE doing dishes by hand), and then we had a water leak from our fridge to our basement so our kitchen flooring is all ripped up from the restoring company and when they pulled 3 layers of tiling off they possibly found asbestos which we will get the results of that tomorrow. Then, the basement grew mold so they came back and cleaned that up and ripped some carpet up. Our fridge is all the way across the kirchen in a new place that makes life so out of place (I can't wait to have the fridge back where it belongs). After a crazy long day I hopped into the shower to only have freezing cold water and to find out our water heater went out.. is this even real life 😂. I would love to tell you that's it but then this morning I got a tap on my shoulder from our 7 year old who said he was having breathing troubles and his lungs felt funny.. so we got up and headed to the hospital. They observed him and said everything was fine THANK YOU JESUS! On our way home from the hospital my husband calls from his work and says it's been a crazy day there and he got a phone call from his full time job and there is sewage spewing all over the place and he need to get there. So off he went and we headed home to relax... but when I opened the door I found more water..... apparently the huge, loud, annoying dehumidifier the company has placed in our house has sprung a leak in the hose and there's water all over again. Oh my gosh you guys at this point I feel like I am ready to have a breakdown and can't take another thing to go wrong. 

I had to take a step back after our 7 year old tells me he's been feeling ignored and wants me to snuggle with him.. it hit me hard I felt so bad that through all of this crazyness that our "normal" has been off. So we put a movie in and crawled into my bed and Jaxton, Brody, and I snuggled. I actually fell asleep and I can't remember he last time I've taken a nap but it was glorious.. even if the kids were being wild and crazy and pulling my hair and opening my eyeballs the nap was exactly what I needed. That 30 minutes felt so rejuvenating and I was able to get up and reset my day. 

As I was driving to pick up our oldest from work I was thinking about how even though we are going through all this our God is so Much bigger then anything we face. I felt so alone today and defeated and I was reminded that my God will never leave or forsake me. I was thinking about all the work that needs to be done on the house now and how when this is all over it will turn out great. I can't choose for these things NOT to happen to us but I can choose how we respond to this. Today I choose to be grateful for a roof over our heads even if  the inside is a hot mess and has orange floors, I am thankful that our Brody is okay and it was nothing serious. We may not be able to control our circumstances but we do get to control our behaviors and when you feel alone and defeated don't lose hope in the lord his plans are bigger then we can see.  I needed a reality check today. I am hopeful for the blessings to come from the chaos. 

I call on the Lord in my distress, and he answers me
Psalm 120:1

No comments:

Post a Comment